The entire LifeGuide Team – Doug, Zak, Derek, Ben, Steve, Abby, Leslie, Jeannie, and Geralyn – would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a New Year that is filled with peace, prosperity and freedom!
We have had the privilege of experiencing life with so many inspiring individuals and families during this past year. 2015 has been filled with joy, excitement and opportunity. It was also a year that was filled with challenges, uncertainty and heartache for some. We have witnessed God’s unwavering faithfulness and goodness by sharing this journey with our clients. Please know that our team rejoices with you during the good times and is here for you when the going gets rough.
We are constantly reminded that true hope, security and freedom are found in Him who is the creator, owner and keeper of all things. Psalms 24 tells us that “The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.” Internalizing the profound truth that everything is His, including our past and our future, can change everything for us. Realizing that we don’t actually own anything, and He allows us to help Him manage (and enjoy) it, has the ability to reshape our perspective. It can change the way we: spend our time, relate to others, care for our bodies, view our work, treat our stuff, anticipate the future, react to uncertainty, digest bad news, and of course, manage our finances. This truth can breathe a new purpose into how we live every aspect of our lives. It can help us sort out and bring into focus what really matters.
Our team would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for all that we have experienced throughout 2015. Below is just a sampling of what comes to mind:
- The privilege of sharing the journey with so many clients who are profoundly impacting their families, communities and the world in a positive way.
- Abby and her husband Jeff welcomed a new addition to their family (Joshua).
- Derek and Jean Mosley’s wedding on January 3, 2015 to kick off the year. (And, yes, they are still happily married!)
- The wonderful evening at the Harrisburg Senators baseball game (even though the Senators didn’t do so well) with 300+ LifeGuide clients and friends.
- Leslie’s husband, Mike, continuing to make major strides on his recovery journey. He was able to go skiing and hunting in 2015!
- Partnering with the following organizations to impact our community through LifeGuide’s Kingdom Builder Fund (funded by 11% of LifeGuide’s annual profits) – York County Literacy Council, Push the Rock, Capital Area Pregnancy, Grantham BIC, Project Share, Hospice of Central PA, Young Life, Center for Parent/Youth Understanding, New Life Community Church, New Hope, Bethesda Mission, World Vision, Gospel Tide, American Red Cross, Shared Hope International, United Way, Living Water Community Church, St. Jude Children’s Hospital, Lebanon YFC, China Outreach Ministries, Central PA Food Bank, Morning Star Pregnancy Services, Messiah College, Find Your Light Foundation, Carlisle CARES, Samaritan’s Purse, BIC World Missions, among others.
- Seeing LifeGuide’s “Daring to be Different” feature published in Bloomberg Businessweek, Fortune and Money Magazine.
- The launch of LifeGuide’s new app for iPhone and Android. If you haven’t already, download it today to check your account values, contact us at a touch of a button, receive informational alerts and more.
- LifeGuide’s continued growth and momentum. We added many new clients and deepened many relationships this past year. LifeGuide’s growth has placed us in the top 1% of ProEquities’ 1,060 advisors nationally.
- New additions to the LifeGuide family! Ben and his wife Marissa expecting their second child in February and Zak and his wife Lauren are expecting their third child in May of 2016.
- Introductions to many new clients through our “Invite to Give” program. LifeGuide’s Invite to Give program donates $50 to the charity of your choice when you introduce us to someone who may benefit from our services.
- The release of LifeGuide’s InSight and LifePlanning whitepapers that describe our proprietary investment and planning processes. Please contact us if you would like to receive copies.
- The many touching stories that were a result of last year’s “Share the Blessing” campaign.
Since we received so many wonderful stories and a multitude of encouraging feedback, we have decided to do our “Share the Blessing” campaign again with a different cross section of LifeGuide’s clients in hopes of impacting our local community in a very personal way.
Here is a reminder of how it works. We have sent $50 to sixty of our clients, asking them to seek out and give the $50 to an individual or family that could use an unexpected blessing this Christmas season. We have also requested that each client that gives away these “$50 blessings” write a quick note to tell us how they were able to “share the blessing.” We are excited to see how God works through this campaign again, and plan to share the stories with you throughout January and February of 2016.
We encourage you to display gratitude in unexpected ways throughout this Christmas season. Please know that we are truly grateful for the opportunity to work with you and share your journey. Do not hesitate to contact us with questions, concerns or just to check in.
May you experience a peculiar sense of freedom, an unexplainable peace and an infectious spirit of gratitude throughout this upcoming year as you remember that the earth and everything in it is the Lord’s. We truly enjoy being your LifeGuide!