For the second year in a row, LifeGuide’s “Share the Blessing” campaign was a great success! We would like to thank those who participated and shared their story with us, it was huge encouragement.
As a reminder, at Christmas (2015) we sent $50 to sixty of our clients and asked that they give the money to an individual or family who was in need of an unexpected blessing. We would like to share some of the stories with everyone.
This is the fourth week of “25 Days of Blessing,” in which five different stories being shared each week through the month of February! Stay tuned to hear some of the great stories of how God has worked through this blessing for many individuals and families…
- “Through Share the Blessing we were able to help a single lady who depends on public assistance for living & medical expenses, plus lives in public housing. She is unable to work due to physical/health limitations. She uses her limited income to assist a relative who has three children. She also volunteers at a hospital. This gift may enable her to enjoy giving something for Christmas to someone in need also.”
- “We were able to help an older couple who have been married 55 years. They have nothing, but the wife her bills & sacrifices everything for her husband, grown children & grandchildren. They live in an old mobile home. Despite her poor health, she keeps the family together and refuses to accept charity. The husband has terminal cancer and had been in the hospital for the past 8 weeks. She does not drive but had been there with him every day. I had no idea he was coming home the next day when I called. She could now pay for his equipment. We added more to the envelope so the total from LifeGuide grew.”
- “I lost my wallet the one day and my husband and I realized it most likely fell out of our car right outside our house. I had a lot of Christmas money in there and didn’t want to believe a neighbor stole from us but after a large part of the day went by we started to wonder. Finally, our doorbell rang and we both liked at each other hoping. Sure enough a teenage neighbor had found it and gave it back, all the money intact. My husband and I decided we wanted to bless this girl for having the integrity to return a wallet full of money.”
- “Through Share the Blessing I was able to help my uncle who has been off work since May due to surgery and injury. He has lost money each month since unable to work. It was helpful for him because it allowed him to buy a pair of sneakers since his were so worn with a hole in them. Just being able to bless a family member since my family has always helped each other out & been there for each other made this special.”
- “Through Share the Blessing we were able to help a fellow employee. He is 21 years old and single. He has been ill for a number of months and has recently quit work because his condition seemed to worsen when he came to work. We were sure he had a great need from hospital expenses and being unable to work. We added $50 of our own to the gift which we gave to him when he tried to return to work. We could see he appreciated the gift very much.”