For the second year in a row, LifeGuide’s “Share the Blessing” campaign was a great success! We would like to thank those who participated and shared their story with us, it was huge encouragement.
As a reminder, at Christmas (2015) we sent $50 to sixty of our clients and asked that they give the money to an individual or family who was in need of an unexpected blessing. We would like to share some of the stories with everyone.
This is the second week of “25 Days of Blessing,” in which five different stories being shared each week through the month of February! Stay tuned to hear some of the great stories of how God has worked through this blessing for many individuals and families…
- “Through Share the Blessing, we were able to help a wonderful loving couple from our church. They seem to be everywhere doing simple but helpful things for others. These blessings to others are done even though both have physical illness and are retired, living on a limited income. As husband and wife, we decided on this couple because they live out their faith daily. They do so quietly without reward. Blessing them in a small way blesses the work of Christ.”
- “We were able to help a young single parent who is trying to support herself and her child at our local restaurant. A gang of us from our church eat out every Sunday. She has waited on our table almost every Sunday for over 2 years. We have watched her grow and mature from a distance. I see her with her daughter when I walk about town. I know little else about her.”
- “The Blessing was helpful for the recipient because she helps people in AA, mostly homeless. She assists them in getting housing & other services. They live with her temporarily. She has a very limited income. She is a recovering alcoholic who had found Jesus and attends our church. She was very grateful and said how God is so good to her.”
- “Through Share the Blessing, I was able to help a single mom with an 8-year-old son and a suicidal teenage daughter. It was helpful for her because she is having financial and emotional hardships. When I was a teenager, my mother escaped a violent domestic abuse situation and took us out of it with her. I know how hard it is to get through tough times. Thank you LifeGuide for making this gesture of love and caring. It means a lot to me and the recipients.”
- “I prayed off and on prior to receiving the envelope from you and then again the morning before I set out. I told the Lord He would have to make it very clear to me to whom I was to give this gift because I knew I would second guess the decision if not clear. On my way out of a store I had to stop at the Customer Service desk. There was a girl on the phone at the service desk and she was speaking very loudly and using profanity. Heads were turning as she continued to yell at someone on the other end of the phone. As I waited my turn, I heard her say, “Now I’ve lost everything!” That’s when I heard the Lord say, “This is the one.” My heart said, “You’ve got to be kidding!!” She in no way fit my expectation as to the one I’d give this gift. As I put my cart away, I thought that maybe I should go back to the service desk to talk to the girl. But as soon as I turned around, she came out of the store and we were face to face. That’s when I asked her if I could help her. She told me her “friends” left her there and took her purse and belongings. I then gave her the money and offered her a ride home. As we were walking to my car, she said that she had $100 in her purse that she was going to use at Wal-Mart to purchase Christmas gifts for her 5 year old daughter and figured that money was now gone. So, when I opened the front door for this 22-year-old single mother, I had to remove my mail from the front seat. I clearly “heard” the Lord tell me to open the envelope from my church. It was a $100 gift card to Wal-Mart!!! So, I gave that to her so she could buy her daughter gifts. Both times I gave her these gifts, she quickly said “Thanks” and put the items in her pocket. This wasn’t the response I was expecting either. On the way to her home I told her all about Share the Blessing and also about how my church helps take care of single mothers, widows and people in need. As we talked I encouraged her to go to a church where she could receive support from the Christian community. She said her grandmother, with whom she lives, did take her daughter to church but that she had not been attending. Upon arriving at her home, she got out and said “Thank you”. I wished her a Merry Christmas and told her I’d be praying for her. OK, what did I learn from this experience? Well, not what I expected to learn….especially about myself!! I had envisioned a totally different scenario. I thought the individual I gave this gift to would be overjoyed and so thankful, not to mention someone who would fit my “mold”…this would not have been the way I would have written the script. But God!!! He revealed to me my judgmental attitude as well as my often thankless “entitlement” attitude with regard to His Gift and His grace, love, daily provision, etc., none of which I deserve. This certainly gave me reason to pause (a long time) and think about what He was revealing to me about my heart and ask Him for forgiveness. I will never forget this experience. This is one of those “WOW LORD” moments in my life!!”